So I originally go this idea for The Undomestic Goddess at: http://dipez.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/make-it-a-meal-monday-football-food/
Now to be fair I did change a couple of things. In her recipe she uses mozzarella cheese, wheat canned biscuits, and Classico sauce. I used regular jumbo canned biscuits, pizza cheese, and Hunt’s brand canned sauce, the big cans. As she says, the recipe is very versatile.
And now without further ado. My slightly altered PopUp Pizza recipe.
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 2 cups of pizza cheese
- 1 jar/can of tomato sauce
- any desired pizza toppings
- Open the cans of biscuits, separate the biscuits and quarter each biscuits. I recommend using meat scissors to quarter the biscuits. It makes the job easier. IF you have the meat scissors just cut them offer your mixing bowl. If you don’t have scissors use a cutting board and then drop your quarters into your bow
2. Pour in tomato sauce
3. Now add half a cup of cheese and any other pizza toppings you desire. Then stir it all together.
4. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish and then pour entire mixture into the dish and spread it evenly through out the pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese and any extra toppings that you would like onto the mixture.
6. Bake at 400 for 25-35 minutes.